Do you love cookies but don’t want them to go stale? Vacuum sealing them is a great way to keep them fresh for weeks or even months. Cookies vacuum-sealed in this way will stay soft and delicious. In this article, we will show you how to vacuum seal cookies step by step.
What You’ll Need To Vacuum Seal Cookies
- Vacuum Sealer
- Cookie Sheets
- Gallon Size Ziploc Bags
- Quart Size Ziploc Bags
- Knife or Scissors
How To Vacuum Seal Cookies: Step By Step
1. Preheat your vacuum sealer according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Place a cookie sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until it is very cold.
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, waxed paper, or aluminum foil.
4. Place cookies on the prepared pan about 2 inches apart from each other to allow for expansion while being vacuum sealed.
5. Once all of your cookies have been placed on the cookie sheet, remove them from the freezer and place it in your vacuum sealer machine to start working on vacuuming sealing them. This will ensure that they remain fresh until you are ready to use them so be sure not to skip this step!
6. Once you’ve finished vacuuming sealing your cookies, place them in a freezer for 10 minutes to make sure they are very firm and won’t break while being packaged.
7. Take out your gallon-size Ziploc bags and open them just wide enough to fit each piece of vacuum-sealed cookie inside. Be careful not to tear the bag on the zipper of the opening!
8. Using your marker, place a number “1” on one of the corners of the bag so you know how many pieces of vacuum-sealed cookies you have placed in this bag.
9. While holding firmly onto one corner with your hand so that it doesn’t slip out from under your grip use your knife or scissors to cut off the excess bag. You want to make sure that you cut the bag off as close to the cookies as possible so that you don’t have any excess air inside of the bag.
10. Repeat steps 7-9 for each quart-size Ziploc bag.
11. Now that your cookies are vacuum-sealed, it’s important to label them with the date that they were sealed. This will help you keep track of how long they have been stored and when you should eat them by. Use a permanent marker to write the date on each bag in both words and numbers.
Can You Vacuum Seal Baked Cookies
Yes, you can vacuum seal baked cookies. However, we don’t recommend vacuum-sealing them for more than a week as the heat from the baking process will cause them to lose some of their freshness. Vacuum sealing them immediately after they come out of the oven is the best way to keep them fresh for up to two weeks.
Why Vacuum Seal Cookies?
There are many reasons why you should vacuum seal your cookies. By doing so, you’ll ensure that they stay fresh for weeks or even months. That’s why anyone should know how to seal cookies for freshness. Here are a few reasons why vacuum sealing cookies is a good idea:
- They’ll stay soft and delicious
- They won’t go stale
- You can avoid freezer burn
- They’re perfect for long term storage
How Long Can Vacuum Sealed Cookies Last?
While vacuum-sealing cookies for freshness is a good idea, they won’t last forever. How long your cookies will stay fresh depends on many things such as the date that they were sealed and what ingredients went into making them.
In general, vacuum-sealed cookies stored in a cool dark place can typically last up to two weeks to 9 months. How long do you think it would take anyone to eat a whole bag! Please mind the freezer burn and enjoy your cookies while they’re fresh.
Heat Seal vs Vacuum Seal Cookies
There is a big difference between heat sealing and vacuum sealing cookies. When you heat seal cookies, you are using heat to create a seal around the outside of the cookie. This will help them stay fresh for about two weeks.
However, if you want your cookies to last for months, then you’ll need to vacuum seal them. Vacuum sealing will remove all the air from inside the bag which will help keep your cookies fresh for much longer!
Now that you know how to vacuum seal cookies, there is no need to worry about them going stale ever again! By following these simple steps, you can keep your cookies fresh and delicious for weeks or even months. So what are you waiting for? Start vacuum-sealing your cookies right away!